Appointment Updates and Information - COVID-19
We have continued limited services in our office since the start of the COVID -19 pandemic, and we are integrating in-person services back in to our schedule while adhering to required safety guidelines. As we prepare, there will be some new office policies implemented. Please review the information below.
- Patient Notice and Acknowledgement Form: This form must be signed prior to your visit. This will only need to be signed once. Please sign and bring the form to the front desk when you check in. These forms are available here or under the “Forms” tab on our website.
- COVID Exposure Questionnaire: This form must be filled out prior to each of your visit. Anyone accompanying you to the visit will also need to fill out a form. If you have answered “yes” to any of the questions, please do not enter the office. Please call the front desk at 650-474-2130, and we will inform you if you may keep your visit. If you have answered “no” to all of the questions, please bring the form to the front desk when you check in.
- Credit Card Authorization Form: Please fill out this form and bring it to the front desk when you check in. This form is to acknowledge that we have your permission to keep your card on file in a confidential medical chart. The three-digit security code will not be included. We will be charging out the appointment and emailing a receipt.
- “Waiting Room in Your Car”: Please wait in your car upon arrival. We will call you in when we are ready for you. We will do our best to stay on time. If you have any questions when you arrive, please call the front desk at 650-474-2130. We will no longer have patients wait in the common seating area in order to facilitate social distancing.
- Monitoring Temperatures: We will use a contactless thermometer to take the temperature of everyone who steps into the office. If you have a temperature of 100.4 or higher, please refrain from coming to the office. We will be taking the temperature of all staff members to ensure that they do not have a fever.
- Hand washing/sanitizer: Everyone who enters the office must wash their hands upon arrival, or use hand sanitizer. We are in short supply of hand sanitizer, so if you have your own, please bring it with you.
- No Writing Instruments: Please bring your own pen to help us minimize contact and cross-contamination.
- Minors or Assistance: We respectfully request that patients under the age of 18 be accompanied by no more than one parent/guardian. Additionally, should assistance be required for any reason, we again respectfully request only one person to assist.
- Masks: All patients and family members need to wear a mask at all times. Our staff will be wearing masks. This is to minimize the potential for exposure, and to help protect you, your family, and our staff.
- Doors: We will leave some doors open so you will not need to touch the doorknobs.
-Cleaning and disinfecting: The staff will wipe down and disinfect common areas throughout the day.
- Post appointment IV's/Lab: May not be available (unless pre-scheduled) as the number of patients in IV/Draw lounge will be limited. If testing or an IV is ordered we will call to set up an alternate time for the draw/IV, and/or secure email you any requisitions and information should you choose to utilize an outside draw site.
- Supplement information: Will be sent via secure email. If a supplement is purchased in office we will charge to card on file before the item leaves the office.
- Scheduling: We will call you to schedule any follow up appointment(s).
We have included Video and Phone visits to our visit options on a permanent basis. Please indicate your preference at time of scheduling. Please be aware, based on individual diagnosis/protocols/symptoms/Rx, an in-person appointment may be required by the physician for visit.
Our in office hours are temporarily reduced to Tuesday’s and Thursday’s 9:00 – 4:00. We check voicemail and emails on our regular schedule.
As we are navigating through this unprecedented time together, the safety and well being of our patients, staff, and families remain our primary concern. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Integrative Medical Associates.
D. Graeme Shaw, M.D.