As this health crisis unfolds, Integrative Medical Associates has been working very hard to determine how we can best continue to provide essential functions to our patients while still caring for our staff. We know many of you are concerned not just for yourself but also your families. We are understandably experiencing an increased volume of calls regarding Covid -19. We hope the following information can provide you all with some guidance and bring you some peace of mind.
First and foremost, we must think about how we can be part of the solution. The world is suffering and we can help slow the spread of this virus if we all follow the shelter-in-place guidelines. We at Integrative Medical Associates are taking the following measures to ensure the health and safety of our staff and patients.
1. We wish we could assist with Covid-19 testing, however testing kits are severely limited at this time. If you are concerned about symptoms please contact your primary care, urgent care or emergency for testing information. If your primary is overloaded and you require a doctor’s order you can call us for a brief appointment and we can provide this for you.
2. Until further notice all appointments will be via phone or Zoom video. You will receive a Meeting ID code to join the appointment with the doctor. Zoom meetings are currently being covered by insurances as Office Visits. If you prefer for any reason you may still have the appointment by phone.
3. The IV lab is open for shortened hours and will be available for IV’s or blood draws on a limited basis. This is also based on supply availability. Only 2 patients are allowed in the IV lounge at one time. We ask all patients to wear a face mask and gloves.
4. For everyone’s protection the staff will be wearing masks and gloves while in the office. We are also working remotely as much as possible. As such you may receive calls from a number other than our office number. You should only utilize the main office number for all your care questions and scheduling.
5. Our office hours are temporarily shortened to Tuesday’s and Thursday’s 9:00 – 4:00. We are checking voicemail and emails on our regular schedule.
We are navigating through this unprecedented time together. We ask for your patience as we try to respond as quickly as possible to your needs. We are here for you and care deeply for your health.
Be positive, be safe and be well.
D. Graeme Shaw, M.D.
Sheila Re. Practice Mgr.