Mold

Mold is a form of fungus that grows both indoors and outdoors and thrives in warm, damp, and humid environments. There are over a thousand different varieties of indoor mold. Most health problems related to mold exposure arise when there is a build-up of high concentrations of indoor mold.

Mold spreads by generating spores. Spores are able to survive for long periods even in harsh, dry environments in which mold itself could not grow. Mold spores are invisible to the eye and can become airborne.

Mold travels in numerous ways, including through open doors and windows and through air conditioning, heating, and ventilation systems. It can be carried indoors on shoes and clothing or brought inside by pets. 

Mold illness, then, is a general term we use to refer to the illness brought on by exposure to the toxic substances found in water-damaged buildings. Other names commonly used in the medical literature for this illness include Sick Building Syndrome and Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome.

The types of responses to exposure vary, including:

Infectious: Most commonly respiratory and nasal passages.

Allergic/hypersensitive; which are typically histamine related.

Toxic/inflammatory, more serious reactions from mold, bacteria and chemicals in water damaged buildings.

For more information on Mold illness symptoms click here.

After testing yourself and possibly your environment, we would want to try to eliminate the exposure, reduce the mold bio-toxin load (detox) and repair immune system damage.

If you feel you may have been exposed to mold, give our office a call and we will assist you in your diagnosis, treatment and recovery.

1098 Foster City Blvd. #305

Foster City, CA. 94404

Tel: 650-474-2130  Option #4

Fax: 650-581-5224

Follow Us

  • w-facebook
  • Twitter Clean

**Please note: All previous emails and phone numbers utilized by our Los Altos location are now offline.

If you would like to contact us, please see the Contact Us tab, or the phone numbers listed above.

Thank you.

Links

ILADS